Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> First we need to decide what we want to happen and after that think about
> how to implement it.  Given sizeof(off_t) > sizeof(long) and no fseeko(),
> we have the following options:

It seems obvious to me that there are no platforms that offer
sizeof(off_t) > sizeof(long) but have no API for doing seeks with off_t.
That would be just plain silly.  IMHO it's acceptable for us to fail at
configure time if we can't figure out how to seek.

The question is *which* seek APIs we need to support.  Are there any
besides fseeko() and fgetpos()?

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump and large files - is this a problem?