Re: [HACKERS] Re: AWL: PostgreSQL ODBC.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: AWL: PostgreSQL ODBC.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> Tom, I'm thinking of putting a "LDFLAGS_ODBC" into the port-specific
> Makefile, to keep this goofy set of flags separate from other shared
> libraries. They are necessary because the iodbc driver has _exactly_ the
> same entry point names as the psqlodbc driver,

Yipes.  I suppose it's far too late to suggest that that convention is
guaranteed to create porting problems?

> and the linker
> preferentially chooses the iodbc ones when resolving links (the setup is
> that the iodbc generic driver dynamically links in the psqlodbc
> db-specific one when connecting to a database).  So you need to force
> them beforehand with this flags, at least on Linux.

I suspect that some such hackery will be necessary on almost every
platform.  Maybe you should put LDFLAGS_ODBC into the template files
instead of the port makefiles?  I've never been real clear on why
we have both sets of mechanism...

Anyway, I'd suggest making all of the LDFLAGS_SL assignments in
Makefile.shlib be += rather than :=, and then the Makefile for the
ODBC driver can add on the LDFLAGS_ODBC from wherever we decide to
get them.  Are there any other hacks besides setting more flags that
we are likely to need?