Re: Make mesage at end-of-recovery less scary.

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Make mesage at end-of-recovery less scary.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-03-24 02:52, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
>> I don't find that very satisfying, but I can't come up with something
>> that provides the current information, while being less scary than my
>> suggestion?
> The 0-length record is not an "invalid" state during recovery, so we
> can add the message for the state as "record length is 0 at %X/%X". I
> think if other states found there, it implies something wrong.
>
> LSN is redundantly shown but I'm not sure if it is better to remove it
> from either of the two lines.
>
> | LOG:  reached end of WAL at 0/3000850 on timeline 1 in pg_wal during crash recovery
> | DETAIL:  record length is 0 at 0/3000850

I'm not up to date on all these details, but my high-level idea would be
some kind of hint associated with the existing error messages, like:

HINT:  This is to be expected if this is the end of the WAL.  Otherwise,
it could indicate corruption.

Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables