Re: tcp_keepalives_idle ignored

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tcp_keepalives_idle ignored
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 08:40:34AM +0200, henry wrote:
>> lsof doesn't tell me what's talking to PG through /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
>> either.  Maybe I'm not understanding exactly how /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 is
>> used - what would connect to PG via a domain socket?

> Connecting to unix domain socket happens if you don't specify a host.

Specifically, a local connection goes through the socket file by
default, and via TCP only if you say "-h localhost" or equivalent.

Now that we know the problem connections are local ones, setting a TCP
timeout would be 100% useless anyway.  As Martijn says, the other ends
of the socket connections *must* be on that box someplace --- I'm
inclined to think that lsof didn't show them to you because you didn't
run it as root and they belong to some other userid.