Re: BUG #1015: Got a signal 11 while trying to create a temp table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1015: Got a signal 11 while trying to create a temp table
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org> writes:
> I tried to create a temp table and got my back-end restarting because of a signal 11.

Hmm.  Can you get a debugger backtrace from the core dump?

> It seems to me, and please correct me if I’m wrong, that there is a limit to the size that a join can handle.

No (and certainly not on a measly 3-million-row case).  This could be a
data corruption problem, or something more subtle, but it's not that.

One way of testing the data-corruption theory is to see if you can
select all the data from the tables involved, without any join.