Re: Sun performance - Major discovery!

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Sun performance - Major discovery!
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
pgman@candle.pha.pa.us (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> 5) How can I compile for optimum performance?
>
> Try using the "-fast" compile flag.  The binaries might not be portable to
> other Solaris systems, and you might need to compile everything that links
> to PostgreSQL with "-fast", but PostgreSQL will run significantly faster,
> 50% faster on some tests.

You might also mention something like the following:

  If you are compiling using GCC, you will quite likely want to add in
  the "-O2" compile flag.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="libertyrms.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] OFFTOPIC: PostgreSQL vs MySQL