Re: Oracle buys Innobase

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
scrappy@postgresql.org ("Marc G. Fournier") writes:
> Stupid question here, but how susceptible is Oracle to "monopolistic
> practices", similar to what M$ is going through with the DoJ in the
> US? This seems to be *very* close to the line, if it isn't over it
> ... no?

No.  The market for databases is hardly a monopoly, what with (at the
top end) DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server being actively sold alternatives
to Oracle's products.

Someone might argue that there is a problem, but there would be plenty
of counterevidence to counterargue with.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/oses.html