Re: Seperate command-line histories for seperate databases

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Seperate command-line histories for seperate databases
Дата
Re: Seperate command-line histories for seperate databases  (Darcy Buskermolen <darcy@wavefire.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
mbertheau.pg@googlemail.com ("Markus Bertheau") writes:
> 2006/3/17, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>:
>> Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Any reason psql doesn't do this by default? It is clear that the
> database name does not unambiguously identify a database, but having a
> history for each database name is already an improvement over the
> current situation.

I fairly frequently find myself accessing different (but similar)
databases, and it's quite valuable to be able to submit the *same*
queries to them.

This change would make it troublesome to do that.  I'd not be all that
keen on the change...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ntlug.org';
http://cbbrowne.com/info/rdbms.html

Сообщение: Re: Seperate command-line histories for seperate databases
Сообщение: Re: Seperate command-line histories for seperate databases