Re: Replication Syatem

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Replication Syatem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
meetgaurikanekar@gmail.com ("Gauri Kanekar") writes:
> We have a table "table1" which get insert and updates daily in high
> numbers, bcoz of which its size is increasing and we have to vacuum
> it every alternate day. Vacuuming "table1" take almost 30min and
> during that time the site is down.  We need to cut down on this
> downtime.So thought of having a replication system, for which the
> replicated DB will be up during the master is getting vacuumed.  Can
> anybody guide which will be the best suited replication solution for
> this.

The only reason that it would be necessary for VACUUM to "take the
site down" would be if you are running version 7.1, which was
obsoleted in 2002, which, it should be noted, was SIX YEARS AGO.

As has been noted, you seem to be presupposing a remarkably complex
solution to resolve a problem which is likely to be better handled via
running VACUUM rather more frequently.
--
output = reverse("ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/postgresql.html

Сообщение: Re: Best practice to load a huge table from ORACLE to PG
Сообщение: Re: Best practice to load a huge table from ORACLE to PG