Re: pgavd status

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: pgavd status
Дата
Список pgsql-general
bmetcalf@nortel.com ("Brandon Metcalf") writes:
> I've been looking at the auto vacuum daemon pgavd and it looks like
> there hasn't been any development activity in a while.  Does anyone
> know that status of pgavd?

The pgavd "tarball" has not been touched since September 2002.

 http://cvsup.de.openbsd.org/pub/postgresql/projects/gborg/pgavd/devel/
 pgavd.0.1.tar.gz        23-Sep-2002 15:31  343K

> Also, I'd be interested in hearing how well it works and if there
> are any plans to include this daemon in the pgsql distribution.

If there hasn't been a release in nearly three years, that might
suggest that it's a tad out of date.  I haven't attempted a compile in
a couple of years, and I didn't have much success when I did try to do
so.

There is a somewhat analagous "pg_autovacuum" daemon that has been in
the contrib section of PostgreSQL since 7.4.  It was not based on
pgavd.

There are plans to "put that down" in favor of an in-the-engine
autovacuumer, possibly in 8.1.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html