Re: How to use 'toast'

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: How to use 'toast'
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sascha Bohnenkamp <asbohnenkamp@gmx.de> writes:
> I tryed to use large-object and saw some 'toast' while reading the
> documentation :)
>
> How do i use it?

You generally merely need to add data to your tables; if columns are
large enough, then PostgreSQL will consider TOASTing them without you
needing to take any action yourself.

In 8.4, it is fairly likely that there will be some extra "knobs" to
allow tuning TOAST usage so that you could encourage its use at lower
levels for particular tables/columns.

At present, the parameterization is at the #define level (e.g. - deep
inside the binaries); if a tuple is >4096 bytes in size, then TOASTing
will be considered.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'linuxfinances.info';
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lisp.html