Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jnasby@pervasive.com ("Jim C. Nasby") writes:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 11:35:05AM -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
>>    Note: I spent most of yesterday dealing with this very issue,
>>    writing up a total of 31 eye-destroying regular expressions to
>>    generate a pl/tcl function to parse cases that I had handy...  I
>>    daresay that even with so many regexps, I was _still_ left with a
>>    reasonably material number that would not be parsed...
>
> I hope you can post that somewhere for others to use... surely it could
> save a lot of people some time...
>
> Or maybe not; I suspect most people just punt on phone numbers, or force
> them to a very strict format.

The trouble is, the rules wind up being all too context-sensitive.

The problems I run into with telnos coming from one source differ from
the problems with telnos coming from another.

I suppose perhaps I should "collect the whole set" and see if I can
have some common heuristics that will cope well with all of them...

Alas, it's pretty gory, and there's never time :-(.
--
output = reverse("gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/wp.html