Re: transaction limits?

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: transaction limits?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
MaXX <bs139412@skynet.be> writes:
> jeff sacksteder wrote:
>
>> Are there known limits to how many rows can be inserted by one
>> transaction, or does that just reflect the already documented row, table
>> and database limits?
> An error string in the source code stands:
>          "cannot have more than 2^32-1 commands in a transaction"
> (#: access/transam/xact.c:510)

That means you couldn't do more than 2^32-1 INSERT statements.

But that wouldn't (in principle) prevent having each of the 2^32-1 commands
use COPY to insert 2^31 rows, which would presumably mean that the
limit on the number of rows insertable could be 2^63-1.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/x.html