Re: migrate from postgres to mysql

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: migrate from postgres to mysql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
fbenavides@interdesa.com ("Fabio Benavides Murillo") writes:
> I have a problem, I want to migrate the data of a postgres' database to a
> mysql's database, this because i need to move to a windows.
>
> I tried making a postgres' backup using pg_dump, but this file doesn't have
> the insert in Transac-sql.
>
> Any help is welcome

Are you sure you are talking about MySQL?

The "Transact-SQL" language was created by Sybase, and is used with
Microsoft SQL Server.  MySQL uses a quite different language...

In any case, if you want to have pg_dump generate INSERT statements
rather than COPY statements, look at the manual page for pg_dump, as
there is an option documented to do that...

  "Dump data as INSERT commands (rather than COPY). This will make
  restoration very slow, but it makes the archives more portable to
  other SQL database packages."
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="libertyrms.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>