Re: Fw: Announcing MySQL 5.0 Release Candidate

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Fw: Announcing MySQL 5.0 Release Candidate
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
mpaesold@gmx.at ("Michael Paesold") writes:
>> Two-Phase Commit (2PC): long in demand for WAN applications and
>> heterogenous data centers using PostgreSQL, this feature allows
>> ACID-compliant transactions across widely separated servers.
>
> Perhaps the term "distributed transactions" should be added? Or XA?
> Those are probably more buzzword style than two-phase commit.

No, those would qualify as "lying," which is something that we oughn't
do.  Lying should be left to the advocates of other systems...

Two phase commit is a prerequisite for doing distributed transactions,
and XA is a particular standard to which the 2PC support does not, at
this point, conform.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linuxxian.html