Re: Postgre and Web Request

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Postgre and Web Request
Дата
Список pgsql-general
listas@miti.com.br ("Kilmer C. de Souza") writes:
>     Oww ... sorry man ...
>     I make a mistake ... there are 10.000 users and 1.000 from 10.000 try to
> access at the same time the database.
>     Can you help me again with this condition?

The issues don't really change.  Opening 1000 concurrent connections
means spawning 1K PostgreSQL processes, which will reserve a pile of
memory, and cause a pretty severe performance problem.

It is _vital_ that your application uses some form of "connection
pooling" so that it can share 50-100 connections across the requests
rather than opening 1K connections.

How that is done will depend on your favored web application
framework.  Most frameworks have some notion of a "connection pool,"
so this certainly shouldn't need to be a crippling problem.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ntlug.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html