Re: Questions about PostgreSQL v8

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Questions about PostgreSQL v8
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
hicham_berni@fr.ibm.com (Hicham Berni) writes:
> I would like know if i can find a PostgreSQL v8 for AIX ???

The sources are available, and I know it to compile using any of GCC,
VisualAge C, and VisualAge C++.

There's enough need to customize locations of binaries for such things as:

 - Where you want to deploy PostgreSQL

 - Threading choices (which matter quite a bit if you're using Slony-I
   for replication)

 - Some useful GNU extensions like libreadline

that it hasn't looked too useful to try to integrate this in with the
OS, but rather to have it live in an "application-defined" place that
pretty much mandates compiling at least once per site...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>