Re: Data Recovery feature

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Data Recovery feature
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
amitjain.bit@gmail.com ("Amit jain") writes:
> What are the Data Recovery feature available in postgreSQL apart
> from pg_restore and PITR.  If my Database has corrupted its not
> starting which feature i can use for Data Recovery ?  Any help
> willbe highly appreciated.

The primary mechanism for database recovery is always whatever
mechanism you are using for data backup.

If proper backups have not been taken, then you willl quite likely
discover that there is no way to usefully recover data.  You would
doubtless get something out of running "strings" on the database
files, and possibly use lower level tools to get somewhat more
structure (e.g. - to recover numbers and dates; "strings" only gets
you text...), but that's going to be enormously more difficult to
assemble into useful data than a backup.

This will doubtless focus your organization's attention on doing
proper backups.

If you could be held responsible for a lack of proper backups, that's
quite likely to be rather Career Limiting...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "linuxfinances.info")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/internet.html

Сообщение: Re: PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND doesn't work expectedly
Сообщение: Re: PROC_VACUUM_FOR_WRAPAROUND doesn't work expectedly