Re: partitioning for postgresql

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: partitioning for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> what is suggested partitioning schema for postgresql??
> the size of my db is 5BG and i have 36GB scsi disk!

The interesting forms of partitioning kind of assume that you have
multiple disk drives.

If you only have one drive, then there is not terribly much reason to
prefer anything much over simply having one big partition, and letting
the data fall where it will.

If you had two drives, then it would make sense to have data on one
drive and WAL on the other.  With three drives, having other I/O (such
as database logging) on a third drive would have merit.

But none of those approaches are useful if you only have one disk
drive.
--
"cbbrowne","@","libertyrms.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>