Re: What's planned for 7.5?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: What's planned for 7.5?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar (Martin Marques) writes:
> Mensaje citado por "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>:
>> Native Win32 is planned for it (whether it makes it or not is another
>> question, but it is the goal) ...
>
> Replication wasn't another BIG one?

Well, there are two "replication things" going on:
1.  The eRserv Java server software is already available on gBorg.
    It isn't likely to go into the software distribution any time    soon because of its dependence on Java.  It really
isan extra    add-on.

2.  Jan Wieck's work on SLONY-1
    Many are keen to see the code, but it's not out yet.  And it is    not self-evident that it will necessarily be
readyto release in    conjunction with 7.5 (Not to say it _can't_ happen, but just that    we'll see the code when we
seeit...)

    It is planned to be implemented in C, so it would presumably be    more suitable for inclusion in the main code
thaneRserv.  But it    stands as "hope," and not certainty.

And none of this is ...
3.  PITR (Point In Time Recovery).
    Where a characteristic "hope" would be to archive WAL files and    use them to bring a failed DB up to date.
    Jan has plans to do something similar but _much_ less    obscure/opaque with SLONY-1.  We'll see what happens...

Another fairly important item not mentioned: Nested Transactions.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="libertyrms.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>