Re: R: feature proposal ...

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: R: feature proposal ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
jd@commandprompt.com ("Joshua D. Drake") writes:
> Hans-Jürgen Schönig wrote:
>> no because a new is not a heap ...
>
> Why not use a function with a temporary table?
>
> That way you can pass a table parameter that
> is the temporary table with a select statement
> that you can populate the temp table with.

That means having to instantiate the temp table on disk "twice," once
as temp table, and once as the output file.

It would sure be nice to do it just once; that should lead to there
only being data written out once, which saves a lot on I/O.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/spiritual.html