Re: [OT] Slony Triggers pulling down performance?

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: [OT] Slony Triggers pulling down performance?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com (Ow Mun Heng) writes:
> Just wondering if my 'Perceived' feeling that since implementing slony
> for master/slave replication of select tables, my master database
> performance is getting slower.
>
> I'm constantly seeing a very high amount of IO wait. ~40-80 according to
> vmstat 1
>
> and according to atop. (hdb/hdc = raid1 mirror)
> DSK |         hdb | busy     83% | read    1052 | write     50 | avio    7 ms |
> DSK |         hdc | busy     81% | read    1248 | write     49 | avio    6 ms |

The triggers generate some extra I/O, as they go off and write tuples
into sl_log_1/sl_log_2, so there's certainly a cost, there.

When you pull data from sl_log_1/sl_log_2, that will have a cost, too.

Replication does not come at zero cost...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "linuxdatabases.info")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/finances.html