Re: announcing the postgres 10th anniversary

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: announcing the postgres 10th anniversary
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca (Robert Bernier) writes:
> Stupid question time.
>
> How come, the 10th anniversary event isn't screaming at us when we come to the
> postgresql.org home page?

I think it's because it's not clear the degree of support that will be
able to be provided.

The PostgreSQL Foundation was planning to be involved in sponsoring
it, in raising some funds to assist (possibly) with things like
travel, accomodations, and other logistical matters.

There have been some IRS "woes," as PGF's application for charitable
status was turned down.  The big decision looming around that was
whether to do such things as:
 - Closing shop in favor of joining an umbrella organization like
   SPI <http://www.spi-inc.org/>

 - Searching for a bunch of legal funds to try to stitch up the IRS
   situation

That looks like that will soon be arriving some resolution; it won't
make sense to start "screaming" away until the next steps come along.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/x.html