Re: US Telephone Number Type

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: US Telephone Number Type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
SCassidy@overlandstorage.com writes:
> In California, we definitely care about the area code, as there are several
> area codes (at least 4) in San Diego County.  I have to use 1+area code to
> dial home from work, and vice-versa.

In what way do you care about them?

The area code is NOT an accurate way of determining "locality," as
there are frequently cases where depending on where you are, different
sets of numbers roll in and out of one's "local calling area."

You can't necessarily determine, based on area code, whether another
number will be deemed "local" or not.  And that tendancy is getting
worse, over time.  Fortunately LD rates have been tending to fall...
--
output = reverse("gro.mca" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/languages.html