Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: PostgreSQL versus MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
sean@chittenden.org (Sean Chittenden) writes:
>>   I think the below just about says it all:
>>
>> http://www.commandprompt.com/images/mammoth_versus_dolphin_500.jpg
>
> Hey Josh, what about some t-shirts with this on the back and some
> snappy verbiage above/below the image?  Just a thought, but maybe
> that's something the advocacy team could run with depending on who
> owns the copyright to the image.  -sc

I'm not sure this presents quite the right message.

A coworker made the snide remark that anyone that doesn't totally "get
it" is likely to really wonder about the notion of roasting a dolphin
over a spit.

Roasting dolphins over the fire isn't exactly politically correct, and
the only people that could "get it" as being funny are those that are
in the advocacy group.

And I thought that MySQL _wasn't_ the real competition, and that the
PostgreSQL community had higher standards and such...

(Note, I say this all as one of the politically-incorrect people that
find jokes involving furry creatures being blown up to be outrageously
funny at some weird visceral level.)
--
"cbbrowne","@","libertyrms.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>