Re: [doc patch] a slight VACUUM / VACUUM FULL doc improvement proposal

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: [doc patch] a slight VACUUM / VACUUM FULL doc improvement proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
mstone+postgres@mathom.us (Michael Stone) writes:
> On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 12:09:26PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>Maybe, but we should also mention that CLUSTER is a likely faster
>>workaround.
>
> Unless, of course, you don't particularly care about the order of
> the items in your table; you might end up wasting vastly more time
> rewriting tables due to unnecessary clustering than for full vacuums
> on a table that doesn't need it.

Actually, this is irrelevant.

If CLUSTER is faster than VACUUM FULL (and if it isn't, in all cases,
it *frequently* is, and probably will be, nearly always, soon), then
it's a faster workaround.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "linuxfinances.info")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/oses.html

Сообщение: Re: [doc patch] a slight VACUUM / VACUUM FULL doc improvement proposal
Сообщение: Re: [doc patch] a slight VACUUM / VACUUM FULL doc improvement proposal