Re: contrib/rtree_gist into core system?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: contrib/rtree_gist into core system?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"John Hansen" <john@geeknet.com.au> writes:
> No, but the _current_ implementation of the rtree operators are ver much
> self explaining and need no howto.

That reasoning no doubt explains why we don't have *any* rtree-like
opclasses that got the left/overleft/right/overright semantics right
the first time :-(.

Greg Stark is right that the GIST API could probably be simpler ---
in particular it would be interesting to see if we could offer a
default picksplit function that most opclasses could use.  But that
doesn't mean that the rtree API is exactly trivial.