Re: UNRESOLVED: odbc driver manager and postgresql odbc

От ricardd@mathstat.dal.ca
Тема Re: UNRESOLVED: odbc driver manager and postgresql odbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello,

> I am curious why you are using ODBC to connect to PostgreSQL if you are
> on Dapper? Are you using Open Office or somethign like that?

I use ODBC to access a postgis database from SAS (they provide database
interfaces to Oracle and ODBC, not to postgresql) and from R (using the
RODBC package which satisfactorily replaces the now defunct RDBI package).
It also provides connectivity to MS Access, which some colleagues use.
Cheers,