Re: Request Tracker ( RT ) recommends MySQL

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Request Tracker ( RT ) recommends MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
JanWieck@Yahoo.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
> On 9/29/2005 3:44 AM, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>
>>> I'm the one that Chris mentioned that did the performance tuning on
>>> RT.  Best Practical are really good people to work with, but they
>>> will only use code that will work across all databases the support.
>>> There was one query in particular that made really horrible use of
>>> OR clauses. I sent in details on how to rewrite the query using
>>> unions, which changed it query from a "execute your query and go
>>> make coffee" type of query to one that completed in a very
>>> reasonable period of time.  I was told that it wasn't an option
>>> because MySQL didn't have Unions.
>> MySQL 4 has unions...
>
> ... as well as a different license for the client library. Might not
> be a problem for RT itself, but you know, some people have multiple
> databases with different applications, so 3.x backward support has
> some value in it.

Furthermore, the fact that RT's code is owned by Best Practical rather
than Some Other Company means that there are irreconcilably dueling
licenses even though it's essentially the same license all around...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/