Re: BUG #16846: "retrieved too many tuples in a bounded sort"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16846: "retrieved too many tuples in a bounded sort"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Neil Chen <carpenter.nail.cz@gmail.com> writes:
> Bugs can be fixed with this additional patch, and I have also done tests
> and regression tests. I hope hackers can help me to see if I think wrong or
> miss anything, and I'm sorry that English is not my first language. I hope
> you can tell me if you have any better opinions on the expression of notes,
> thanks.

Hi Neil,

I poked at this until I found a small modification of the existing
regression tests that would reach the problematic path with lastTuple
true.  That confirmed that there's a problem, because it gave a flat-out
wrong answer.  I'm not really familiar enough with this code to be sure
if this is a complete fix, but it fixes the cases we have and it doesn't
break anything else in our regression tests.  So, in view of the fact
that we have 13.2 release deadline on Monday, I went ahead and pushed it.
(I did rewrite your comment.)

Thanks for the patch!

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16846: "retrieved too many tuples in a bounded sort"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16846: "retrieved too many tuples in a bounded sort"