Re: Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum

От Bossart, Nathan
Тема Re: Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/11/22, 12:33 PM, "Imseih (AWS), Sami" <simseih@amazon.com> wrote:
> What about something like  "The number of indexes that are eligible for vacuuming".
> This covers the cases where either an individual index is skipped or the entire "index vacuuming" phase is skipped.

Hm.  I don't know if "eligible" is the right word.  An index can be
eligible for vacuuming but skipped because we set INDEX_CLEANUP to
false.  Maybe we should just stick with "The number of indexes that
will be vacuumed."  The only thing we may want to clarify is whether
this value will change in some cases (e.g., vacuum failsafe takes
effect).

Nathan