Re: [JDBC] BUG #7766: Running a DML statement that affects more than 4 billion rows results in an exception

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [JDBC] BUG #7766: Running a DML statement that affects more than 4 billion rows results in an exception
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
> So an unsigned long won't fit inside a java long either, but hopefully it
> will never be necessary. That would be a huge number of changes.

I think we'll all be safely dead by the time anybody manages to process
2^63 rows in one PG command ;-).  If you can widen the value from int to
long on the Java side, that should be sufficient.