Re: Autovacuum Improvements

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Autovacuum Improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-general
matthew@zeut.net ("Matthew O'Connor") writes:
> 2) Once we can have multiple autovacuum workers: Create the concept of
> hot tables that require more attention and should never be ignored for
> more that X minutes, perhaps have one "autovacuum worker" per hot
> table? (What do people think of this?)

One worker per "hot table" seems like overkill to me; you could chew
up a lot of connections that way, which could be a DOS.

That you have a "foot gun" is guaranteed; I think I'd rather that it
come in the form that choosing the "hot list" badly hurts the rate of
vacuuming than that we have a potential to chew up numbers of
connections (which is a relatively non-renewable resource).
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "cbbrowne.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/