Re: [BUGS] BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #13741: vacuumdb does not accept valid password
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Haribabu Kommi
> <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 12:39 AM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> That's neater. See for example the attached.

>> Yes, it is much cleaner than the previous version.
>> I reviewed and tested the same. It is working for all scenarios.

> This patch has fallen in the void and it simplifies greatly vacuumdb.c
> and its password-related routines. I have added it to the next CF to
> not forget about it:

Sorry for having lost track of this.  I think if we're going to do this,
we should do it now not later, because it essentially reverts the
connectDatabase() API change made in 83dec5a71 in favor of a different API
change with the same purpose.  Now, that doesn't matter if no third-party
code is using connectDatabase(), but I have a suspicion that there
probably is some.  Any such users will not thank us for whacking
connectDatabase's API around in 9.5 and then whacking it around
differently in 9.6.

In short, I think we should apply this now and back-patch into 9.5,
like the prior patch, even though we're post-RC1.  The reduction in
cross-version API churn is worth it.

If no objections, I'll go do that shortly.