Re: BUG #5354: Type timestamptz doesn't allow to store time zone

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5354: Type timestamptz doesn't allow to store time zone
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Vitali <vitali@lumensoftware.com> wrote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05354
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Vitali
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0vitali@lumensoftware.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1.x 8.2.x
> Operating system: =A0 Windows, Linux
zone
> Details:
>
> I have a table:
>
> CREATE TABLE test (
> =A0 =A0 set_dt timestamptz,
> =A0 =A0 set_tm timetz
> ) WITH OIDS;
>
> I do insert into this table:
>
> INSERT INTO test(set_dt, set_tm)
> VALUES('2010-01-01 10:00+02', '10:00+02')
>
> When I select from the table, the timetz has the correct time zone, the
> timestamptz has -6 as a time zone, which is my server default.

I'm not sure what you think the bug is, but timestamptz definitely
doesn't store the time zone in which the value is input.  What it does
is makes input and output relative to the then-current time zones
rather than fixed wall-clock times.

...Robert