Re: knngist patch support

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: knngist patch support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com> writes:
>> And we don't have time to invent such new world.
>
> Huh?  This is all discussion for 9.1 (or even later).  There's
> plenty of time.

Just to be clear, I was intending this patch, at least, to be applied
now.  I actually think there's a good argument that we should do at
least this much for 9.0, namely that now is probably the time when
there are the fewest outstanding patches that will be broken by this.
If we try to apply this for the first 9.1 CommitFest, then (1) it'll
have to be completely redone and (2) it'll force massive rebasing.

...Robert