Re: BUG #5305: Postgres service stops when closing Windows session

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5305: Postgres service stops when closing Windows session
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Cristian Bittel <cbittel@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/2/3 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
>> So you're saying that if pgadmin is open when you close the terminal
>> services session, the SERVER crashes?
>>
>> Did you somehow start the server in that same session, or is the
>> server running as a service?
>>
>> ...Robert
>
> If pgAdmin is open inside any mstsc session, mine or another terminal
> session of another user, the main PostgreSQL service crash.
>
> Logs report server process exit code 128, two final lines are repeated for
> each active connection to postgres from Apache server, and below (in
> spanish) the Security Event Viwer where Administrator user logoff and then
> "postgres" user tryed to login again to Windows:

That's really odd.  Nothing pgAdmin does should be able to crash the
PostgreSQL server, I would think.  Have you got any custom code loaded
into PostgreSQL?  Or non-custom, but buggy?

I'm guessing the problem only occurs if PGadmin is actually connected
to the PostgreSQL server, but perhaps you could verify that.  If so, I
would see if you can get a stack backtrace of the backend to which
PGadmin is connected.

...Robert