Re: commit fests (was Re: primary key error message)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: commit fests (was Re: primary key error message)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/1/22 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 09:10 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I'm not sure whether you're stating a position that's been agreed to
>> by -core or some other group, or just expressing your own opinion, but
>> I think feature freeze should be the beginning of the last CommitFest,
>> not the end.
>
> Was is declared somewhere before commitfests began? If not, I would
> agree with Peter here: Beta is the feature freeze. IIRC it has always
> been so.

I don't know.  I'm not trying to fabricate positions out of whole
cloth; I'm just saying what I thought we were doing.  Obviously at
least some other people have a different understanding.  We don't
really have much of this documented, to my knowledge, so there's
nothing that I can go read and say, ok, this is what the procedure is.
Which is kind of unfortunate, actually...

...Robert