Re: damage control mode

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: damage control mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> We could if we could all stop long enough to address them.  I think
> there is the feeling that a great idea will pop up eventually, and only
> when we are looking at beta do we realize we are out of time, and the
> hard, sometime distasteful/ugly, decisions have to be made.

I think there's definitely some truth to that.  It's basically a
project management issue: how do we make sure that decisions get made
on a way forward in a timely fashion?  Of course, you already know my
opinion: the first thing we need is a good list of what the issues
are.  :-)

>> > What amazes me is how many people who closely follow our development are
>> > mystified by what we do during that pre-beta period.
>>
>> Hey, I'm still mystified.  Maybe you and Tom could do twice-a-week
>> status updates on what you're working on and anything you could use
>> help with, or something.
>
> Yea, that would probably help.  I know I am not very transparent in this
> area.

Just my opinion: I think it would be awesome.

...Robert