Re: patch - per-tablespace random_page_cost/seq_page_cost

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: patch - per-tablespace random_page_cost/seq_page_cost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> My only objection to that is that if we're going to add attoptions
>>> also, I'd like to get this committed first before I start working on
>>> that, and we're running short on time.  If you can commit his patch in
>>> the next day or two, then I am fine with rebasing mine afterwards, but
>>> if it needs more work than that then I would prefer to commit mine so
>>> I can move on.  Is that reasonable?
>>
>> Fair enough --- if I can't get it done today I will let you know and
>> hold off.
>
> OK, so since you got this done, I'm going to go ahead and rebase &
> commit mine today, after a final read-through or two, unless you or
> anyone else wants to insert some last-minute objections?

I committed this, but then in looking some things over further today,
I realized that I seem to have done something stupid - namely, not
adding a varlena header to TableSpaceOpts.  I believe that the
attached patch is needed to fix the problem.

(I am not quite sure why we are using bytea here since AFAICS we don't
actually store parsed reloptions structures in any kind of persistent
storage, but clearly overwriting the first four bytes of
random_page_cost with a varlena header is no good.)

...Robert

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling
Сообщение: Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling