Re: BUG #5250: Tutorial examples(pre-compiled) not present with precompiled binary version of PostgreSQL.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5250: Tutorial examples(pre-compiled) not present with precompiled binary version of PostgreSQL.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Ashish Anand <Ashish.The.Dev@gmail.com> wr=
ote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05250
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Ashish Anand
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0Ashish.The.Dev@Gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
> Operating system: =A0 Windows 7
ith
> precompiled binary version of PostgreSQL.
> Details:
>
> postgresql-8.4.chm mentions that:
> If you installed a pre-packaged version of PostgreSQL rather than building
> from source, look for a directory named tutorial within the PostgreSQL
> distribution. The =93make=94 part should already have been done for you.
>
> However, no such tutorial directory exists for following version
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 version
> =A0PostgreSQL 8.4.1, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400, 32-bit
>

> Thanks,
> Ashish.

Where did you download the installer in question?  Obviously we don't
have control over what individual packagers may choose to do, although
if the package in question was produced by us then you might have a
point.  :-)

...Robert