Re: BUG #5235: Segmentation fault under high load through JDBC

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5235: Segmentation fault under high load through JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
2009/12/8 Oleg Jurt=C5=A1enko <oleg.jurtsenko@fts.ee>:
> You are right, it crushes on following statement: "select
> instr(ad_parent_tree(?,?),'|'||?||'|') AS isItsOwnChild from dual;"
>
> max_stack_depth is commented out, I think it has the default value:
> #max_stack_depth =3D 2MB

Well, my guess is you have your kernel limit for max stack depth set
to something very small.  See:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/runtime-config-resource.=
html#GUC-MAX-STACK-DEPTH

You can do "SHOW max_stack_depth;" to confirm the setting for that
parameter.  But I'm not quite sure how to check what value is being
applied to PG.  Sounds like it's smaller than 2MB, though.  You may be
able to reduce max_stack_depth to prevent the crash, but then you'll
get an error instead.  If you want the function to actually run to
completion (and assuming this isn't an infinite loop) you'll need to
increase the kernel limit being applied to PG.

...Robert