Re: BUG #5218: Easy strategic feature requests

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5218: Easy strategic feature requests
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wr=
ote:
> 2009/11/30 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I thing so ex-MySQL needs exact DESCRIBE, exact SHOW statement. It is
>>> some, what they used long time and then they missing it.
>>
>> You know, if they're not willing to make any adaptations, they're never
>> really going to make the transition anyhow. =A0If we provide
>> bug-compatible versions of SHOW or whatever, people like that will just
>> move on to complaining about some other difference.
>>
>> I'm in favor of trying to develop some documentation aimed at helping
>> new MySQL converts, but I don't think there's much to be gained by
>> doing more than that.
>
> +1
>
> Any official place has sense - minimally for people who can read document=
ation.

This seems to be the exact opposite of what you said an hour and a
half ago, but, hey, at least we're all more or less in agreement now.
There remains the issue of finding a qualified person who is willing
to spend the time to write this documentation...

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5218: Easy strategic feature requests
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5218: Easy strategic feature requests