Re: BUG #5207: unable to start postgresql server services

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5207: unable to start postgresql server services
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 3:42 AM, Denny Saviant Mohammad
<konohablueflash@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, i changed nothing in my postgresql.conf before the accident.

Well, someone or something did, because stdmsg isn't ever a legal
value, and it didn't put itself into that file.
=2E
> But, after i try changing value on log_destination from 'stdmsg' into 'cs=
vlog',
> i got this "2009-11-26 16:07:57 ICTPANIC: =A0could not open control file
> "global/pg_control": Permission denied"

This would seem to indicate that either the permissions on the
PostgreSQL data directory have been changed, or you're trying to start
PostgreSQL under the wrong user account.

> I changed it into 'syslog', i got this
> FATAL: =A0invalid value for parameter "log_destination": "syslog"
>
> I changed it again into 'eventlog', i got this "2009-11-27 15:28:03
> ICTPANIC: =A0could not open control file "global/pg_control": Permission
> denied" again..
>
> i also try to change pg_log folder permissions, but nothing happens..

I would suggest that you post to a different mailing list, such as
pgsql-novice or pgsql-general.  This mailing list is for bug reports,
and it doesn't sound to me like there's a bug here.  I would start by
setting log_destination =3D eventlog - since stdmsg is definitely not
going to work - and then ask for help on one of those mailing lists
fixing your permissions problem.

...Robert