Re: Stalled post to pgsql-bugs

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Stalled post to pgsql-bugs
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Saneera Gunasekara<saneera@apturion.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> I have got the following error message when connecting postgres from
> postgres admin connecting form the localhost
> (only special thing in machine configuration is attached the 2 network cards
> to the installation machine)
>
> could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
> Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and
>
> accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> If you encounter this message, please check if the server you're trying to
> contact is
>
> actually running PostgreSQL on the given port.
>
> Test if you have network connectivity from your client to the server host
> using ping or
>
> equivalent tools. Is your network / VPN / SSH tunnel / firewall configured
> correctly?
>
> You probably have some low level network connectivity problems (e.g.
> firewall
>
> please let me how to resolve this problem permanently we have got this error
> message time by time but not always run the postgresSQL service using the
> .\postgres account when start up the
> machine

Maybe you should follow the directions given in the error message.
They are fairly detailed.  If you can't figure it out, you could ask
for help on pgsql-general or pgsql-novice, but you're going to need to
provide a lot more information about what you tried and what happened.
 In any event, this is neither a bug nor a security issue, so I don't
think you should be sending it to these lists.

...Robert