Re: RFD: Don't force plpgsql IN parameters to constant

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: RFD: Don't force plpgsql IN parameters to constant
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Steve Prentice<prentice@cisco.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2009, at 5:26 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> Wow.  I can imagine about a thousand ways that this could break
>> existing applications.  I would not be prepared to bet a dollar that
>> anything I've written would survive the impact unscathed.
>>
>> I have a feeling someone else is going to shoot you out of the water
>> completely, but all I'll say is it would definitely need to be
>> OPTIONAL.
>
> I guess I don't get how it would break existing applications. All of the
> regression tests pass. The parameters are passed as a copy, so it can't
> modify your variable that you pass in. Perhaps I'm missing something--can
> you elaborate on how this would break existing applications?

Well, in my imagination, if you were proposing something completely
different, it would...  sorry for the noise.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: RFD: Don't force plpgsql IN parameters to constant
Сообщение: Re: RFD: Don't force plpgsql IN parameters to constant