Re: First CommitFest: July 15th

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: First CommitFest: July 15th
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Zdenek Kotala<Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas píše v čt 02. 07. 2009 v 22:16 -0400:
>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Zdenek Kotala<Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, how would we handle changes by committers, who
>> don't always go through the CommitFest process?
>
> I think that all head patches should go to through a new tool for
> recording also in case when developer is commiter itself.

You'll have to put that argument to the committers; but I expect a
cool reception.  I think what would be more useful is if we could
somehow associated metadata with each commit.  Right now, for example,
the author of a patch is not stored with the patch in any structured
way; it's just typed in, usually but not always as the last line of
the commit.  So you can't easily find out what lines of code a certain
person has touched, for example.  The sorts of problems that you're
talking about seem broadly in the same vein.

...Robert

Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org