Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pg_migrator issue with contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Obviously we don't want to get into connecting to a web site, but we
>> could probably come up with some other API for .so files to indicate
>> which versions of PG they're compatible with.
>
> You mean like PG_MODULE_MAGIC?

Hey, how about that.  Why doesn't that solve our problem here?

[ thinks ... ] I guess it's because there's no guarantee that the
function is installed on the SQL level with the signature that is
appropriate on the C level.  To fix that, I suppose we'd need to
version the contents of the .sql file that installs the definitions,
which gets back to the problem of building a general-purpose module
facility.

...Robert