Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET DISTINCT

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET DISTINCT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Well, I think I was pretty clear about what I was trying to
>> accomplish.  I think there are more people who care about pg_dump
>> output being diffable than there are who need to set ndistinct more
>> accurately than 1 ppm and yet not as an integer.  Perhaps if any of
>> those people are reading this thread they could chime in.  Otherwise,
>> I will implement as you propose.
>
> I do such diffs pretty often, but I don't think I've *ever* done it on
> catalog tables..  Perhaps it'll come up in the future, but I doubt it.
>
>        Stephen

Well the point is when you dump a user table, it will dump this
setting along with it, same as it does now for statistics_target.  So
if you diff the DDL you might see differences in rounding.  If you
only diff the data, it won't matter unless, as you say, you're dumping
pg_attribute itself.

...Robert