Re: difficulties with time based queries

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: difficulties with time based queries
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:35 PM, Rainer Mager <rainer@vanten.com> wrote:
> [...]

Even if your query "could use" an index four fields, a lot of times it
won't be the winning strategy, because it means reading a lot more
data from the disk.  Plus, all of these huge indices are competing for
RAM with data from the table itself.  You might want to think about
getting rid of all of the indices with more than 1 or 2 columns.
ad_log_unique is probably huge and it seems like it's probably not
improving your data integrity as much as you might think...

...Robert